Background

Monday, June 20, 2011

From a Paper Towel to a Butterfly

* I don't know what's up with this post, but it's experiencing technical difficulties. There are big gaps in between the pictures and text. I've tried to edit and repost twice and it's still doing it. I'm hoping it'll correct itself.  Sorry!  : ) *

Happy Monday! Last week I came across the cutest kids craft while I was browsing Pinterest. If you still haven't joined Pinterest do it right after you finish reading this post! Anyhoo, as soon as I saw this
cutesy little craft I thought, I must do this! Thanks to Make It & Love It for the great idea!

Here's how you make them. 
1. Fill as many bowls as you like with a bit of water and add a few drops of food coloring.
We did one red (pink), one yellow, one green and one purple. 
2. Fold paper towels into to small squares. 
3. Dip each corner into whatever colors you like. 
4. Squeeze excess water into sink and lay out to dry. 

























Once the paper towels have dried you'll need pipe cleaners for the body and antenna. Take two pieces if you used choose-a-size like I did, or one for regular size, then gather in the middle and wrap a pipe cleaner around and curl the ends for the antennas. It's that easy!

















Here's how they turned out.  



















































Of course Ms. A, loving all things butterfly, had to have them in her window immediately.


















This was a great craft to do with the kids. Ms. A is 5 and her friend, who's close to 3, both had lots of fun making them, and were both able to do the dipping themselves. We'll definitely do this again. Next time though I'd encourage them to just dip a tiny bit of the corner into the dye so it makes more of a polka dot effect than all over color. Give this a try. Your kids will love it!
Linking to:
Young House Love - Pinterest Challenge
Bower Power - Pinterest Challenge



5 comments:

  1. They are too cute and so easy to make. Thanks for sharing, my little one would love these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very sweet...looks easy too, which I love. Welcome to blogging. Hope to see you back at my place on Monday for my resumed weekly newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! My daughters would love this. Thanks for the easy summer craft idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I need to do this with my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your post interesting to read. I can't wait to see your post soon. Good Luck for the upcoming update. This article is really very interesting and effective.best golf towel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks soo much for stopping by!! Please don't be shy, leave a comment or question. I love hearing from you! If you'd like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. : )
~ Catie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...