Sorry for the poor photo quality. It was dark outside and impossible to get a decent pic.
I took about 12 and this was the best. It was even brightened up in Picnik.
Here's Michael's recipe.
Sweet Potato Soup
yields 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, or 2 small, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2-3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Sprinkled sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place a saucepan or soup pot over medium heat and add the oil. When it begins to get hot, add the onions, carrots and celery and sauté until softened and fully aromatized.
- Add the sweet potatoes and enough broth to completely cover all the vegetables. Season with cinnamon, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until potatoes are very soft and then puree with a hand blender, food processor or countertop blender until smooth. You may also serve the soup ‘as is. Taste and add more seasoning if need be.
My additions to the soup were as follows:
2 tsp brown sugar
1 heaping tbs Indian Masala seasoning (I used Club House brand.)
Also, I only used 1 onion and only added about 1 tsp of cinnamon.
This soup was ready in no time. Try it and let me know what you think.
Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian readers!!