Background

Monday, October 15, 2012

Slow Cooker Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken

Happy Monday! Today I have the perfect weeknight recipe for you. This one takes minutes to prepare and the slow cooker does the rest while you're at work or busy at home. Last week I found this recipe on Pinterest. It was one of those spam type pins that doesn't go to the original source, it goes to some social music site. But it has the recipe in the description and that's all I needed.

This chicken was soo tender it nearly fell apart when I dished it up. We all loved it! Mr. CC kept raving about how good it was. He probably had three servings and the girls both took leftovers for lunch the next day. I will most definitely be making this again. I served it with rice and caesar salad. Yum!


Slow Cooker Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken

4 chicken breasts, chopped into chunks
1 cup pineapple juice
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
(optional) 1 clove garlic, minced
pepper to taste

  • Put chopped chicken into slow cooker. 
  • Mix all remaining ingredients together and pour over chicken. 
  • Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or high for 3 - 4 hours. (I cooked mine on low for about 5 hours and it was perfect.)
That's all there is to it. If you'd like to thicken up your sauce mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with a little bit of soy sauce or pineapple juice until dissolved. Remove chicken from slow cooker, turn temp. to high, if it's not already, and stir mixture into sauce. Cover and let simmer about 10 minutes. Add chicken back to crock and mix to coat.

I guarantee this recipe will not disappoint. Have a great week! 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so good!! And really easy. I will have to try it :)

    Claire @gypsyslowdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks soo much for stopping by!! Please don't be shy, leave a comment or question. I love hearing from you! If you'd like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. : )
~ Catie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...