Do y'all love a good corn bread like I do?
(Why do I feel the need to use the word y'all when talking about corn bread? haha)
I've scoured Pinterest for a really good corn bread recipe and I think I finally found it. This corn bread was moist, sweet and crumbly like cake. It wasn't dry and grainy like a couple other recipes I've tried. As soon as I read this one called for sour cream I knew it would be good because I make the best banana bread and it uses sour cream too.
Sour Cream Corn Bread
From All Recipes
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Mix egg, sour cream, milk, and butter in a small bowl. Fold egg mixture into flour mixture until just moistened; pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm.
- I added about 1/4 cup of honey to the batter. I LOVE honey and the flavor it gives the corn bread.
- When I make this next time I'm going to add about 2/3 of a cup of sour cream instead of 1 cup. You could definitely taste the sour cream in the bread and I'd like to see if I could tone it down a bit. Don't get me wrong it was delish!! I'm just curious. Plus it'd be reducing the fat. ; )
This corn bread was super simple to throw together and was really tasty. We slathered ours with butter and had it with chili. It was the perfect meal for a chilly, snowy night.
Thanks for joining me today!
Chef In Training
33 Shades of Green
At The Picket Fence